rca: Ch= RC-1080A (RC1080A); 9X642 (9 X 642)

ID: 225280
? rca: Ch= RC-1080A (RC1080A); 9X642 (9 X 642) 
31.Jul.10 14:58

Merlin Jacobs (USA)
Articles: 6
Count of Thanks: 4

I found this RCA 9x642 yesterday. My research tells me it only came in Ivory and
Maroon colors. The original label is on the bottom and back. I took a small
screw driver and scraped a small spot on the bottom of the radio and the plastic
is black all the way through. The paint is textured   Has anyone seen one of these before?
Thanks.
Merlin

Attachments:

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

This thread was moved automatically. 

This question was moved automatically to the board "Talk" to get more possibilities for answers.

Moved from board »RADIO MODELS DISPLAYED« on 06.Aug.10 14:58 from automatically 

I've Seen It Before 
06.Oct.10 10:12
119 from 2136

Bob Isaac (USA)
Articles: 108
Count of Thanks: 2
Bob Isaac

Hello Merlin,

I used to own one of these, and like you noted, it was white/ivory.  Mine, as I recall was painted (original) and that the underlying plasitc was black.  Yours appears to have been carefully repainted using the tectured paint that is intended for garden furniture.  The painter probably scraped off the label and reglued it after painting.  It isn't easy to do, but can be done with patience and a razor blade scraper.  My two cents...

All the Best,

Bob 

Painted radio 
06.Oct.10 13:13
140 from 2136

Merlin Jacobs (USA)
Articles: 6
Count of Thanks: 3

Thanks Bob. You are correct, I determined it was painted by a former owner. Too bad folks mess up radios like this one.

Best.

Merlin

This thread was moved back manually because it received a valid answer. 

Moved from board »* TALK - visible for members only« on 07.Oct.10 04:38 from Mark Hippenstiel