ultra: R906 Coronation twin / Coronation Twin DeLuxe differences?

ID: 229061
? ultra: R906 Coronation twin / Coronation Twin DeLuxe differences?  
14.Sep.10 16:26

Wolfgang Scheida (A)
Editor
Articles: 616
Count of Thanks: 8

Is there really a difference between Ultra Coronation Twin DeLuxe & Ultra Coronation Twin known?

Model tube quantity shows 5 but uploaded schematic only shows 4 tubes!

For my part, the suffix "Deluxe" indicates the special cabinet covering only ?

Thanks for help!

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

Ultra R906 Twin De Luxe 
14.Sep.10 17:42
9 from 2251

Howard Craven (GB)
Articles: 110
Count of Thanks: 6

Hello Wolfgang,

There is a model page for the Ultra Coronation Twin, model R786, released in April 1953,  the year of the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II  ....

Ultra R786 Coronation Twin

And there is a model page for the Ultra Twin De luxe, model R906 released in July 1955 ...

Ultra R906 Twin De Luxe

A picture of the De Luxe R906 model appears in Jonathan Hill's book Radio! Radio! as a "Coronation Twin" but as far as I am aware it was never given that title by Ultra, in the manufacturer's 1955 first edition service manual it was simply called the Twin De Luxe. I have pointed out this error before so a note has been added to the R906 model page stating 'It is not clear whether J.Hill refers to the model number R786 only or to its name "Coronation Twin".

Both models have 4 valves and their circuitry is similar, but as can been seen the casework is totally different.

So the model page in question is a duplicate of the R906 page above, it should be closed and the picture on it moved.

Regards ........... Howard

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.