zenith: 11-S-474 Ch=1103; 11S474

ID: 314482
? zenith: 11-S-474 Ch=1103; 11S474 
12.Mar.13 01:55

Tim Brunton (CDN)
Articles: 2
Count of Thanks: 6

Hi  there,  this is my first post/question...

I  want to add an audio in (aux in) to this  radio...I know some  electronics but  I need to know where do add the input jack.

It would be for an mp3 player, so I dont  need  it to power the external device.

I would  like  to have a little switch in back so i can choose to run off the radio circuit or switch to external device.

Would greatly appreciate all and any help on this!

I'm assuming people reading this has access to the schematic on the 11s474 page...

Thanks so much!

Tim.

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

audio input 
15.Mar.13 08:07
82 from 2469

Howard Mariotti (USA)
Articles: 51
Count of Thanks: 7
Howard Mariotti

Hi Tim.

The 11S474, like many of the Zenith consoles, already have an available input.  You have a switch on the rear of the chassis to select the radio or television.  In this case, you would put the switch in the "television" position.  The two pin jacks to the left of the switch are for the audio input.

Since you are using an MP3 player, couple the left and right channels by connecting each to a 0.1µF capacitor in series with a 50kΩ resistor as shown below.

Connect the mixed output to the top jack on the back of your 11S474 chassis and the common from your MP3 player to the bottom jack.  You're now ready to play.  I would recommend using the line level output if your MP3 player has one, but most players with the 3.5mm headphone output will work just fine.

Try it out and let me know how it goes.

Cheers!
Howard

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.